May 30, 2023
Embracing Vulnerability and Setting Boundaries for Deeper
Vulnerability can be an uncomfortable but empowering experience, resulting in stronger connections with others and increased emotional resilience. If you crave meaningful connections, you must allow yourself to be vulnerable, even when it feels uncomfortable. When setting boundaries, we often deal with a part that feels very young and disempowered. We forget we are grown *ss adults. We talk about specific tools and ways to regulate uncomfortable feelings and practice speaking your truth.
Jen Perry, MSEd, MA, LPC
· Reach out for support when feeling overwhelmed, lonely, or scared.
· Practice setting boundaries in relationships and honoring your own needs.
· Recognize and validate the emotions you are experiencing, even if they seem conflicting.
· Practice self-compassion when dealing with life's challenges and be gentle with yourself when anticipating potential issues.
· Reflect on past experiences and how you've grown through them, using those lessons to navigate current situations.
· Consider your relationship with your body and how you can take care of it as you age.
· Embrace your finely-tuned nervous system and its reactions.
· Counter perfectionism by accepting imperfections and embracing life's messiness.
· Stay connected with others, even when life gets busy or challenging.
· Practice mindfulness and being present in each moment, rather than getting caught up in past or future worries.
Jen Perry, MSEd, MA, LPC has been a psychotherapist for 20 years. She specializes in helping Highly Sensitive People thrive in love, work, and parenting Highly Sensitive Children. Jen is passionate about using mindfulness and compassion-based approaches to ameliorate human suffering.
Patricia is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, and Coach. She knows what it’s like to feel like an outcast, misfit, and truthteller. Learning about the trait of being a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP), helped Patricia rewrite her history with a deeper understanding, appreciation, and a sense of self-compassion. She created the podcast Unapologetically Sensitive to help other HSPs know that they aren’t alone, and that being an HSP has amazing gifts, and some challenges. Patricia works online globally working individually with people, and she teaches Online Courses for HSPs that focus on understanding what it means to be an HSP, self-care, self-compassion, boundaries, perfectionism, mindfulness, communication, and creating a lifestyle that honors us
Jen’s website: https://heartfulnessconsulting.com/
HSP Online Course--https://unapologeticallysensitive.com/hsp-online-groups/
Online HSP Course Materials (no group included) https://patriciayounglcsw.com/product-category/hsp-classes/
Receive the top 10 most downloaded episodes of the podcast-- https://www.subscribepage.com/e6z6e6
Sign up for the Newsletter-- https://www.subscribepage.com/y0l7d4
To write a review in itunes:
Closed/Private Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive-- https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Music-- Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com