Sep 19, 2023
Navigating Difficult Conversations: Communicating Honestly in Relationships
Being assertive with medical providers can be hard; does one disclose an autism diagnosis? I discuss the importance of vulnerability, as well as the challenges of transparency and balancing honesty and privacy. My birthday came with expectations and disappointments, and some unexpected healing. I explore the challenges of talking about personal experiences without hurting or offending others, and I discuss the importance of self-regulation, and using fidgets in public.
1. Navigating medical gaslighting and asserting oneself in medical situations.
2. It talks about the challenges of managing expectations and coping with disappointment.
3. Heartwarming messages from loved ones on a birthday are shared.
4. The importance of vulnerability and finding one's voice in groups is discussed.
5. The challenges of transparency and balancing honesty and privacy are explored.
6. Coping with rejection and overcoming feelings of unworthiness are shared.
7. The importance of self-care and prioritizing one's mental health is discussed.
8. Navigating difficult conversations and communicating effectively in relationships is explored.
9. Experiences with neurodivergence and having high expectations are shared.
10.The challenges of holding things more lightly and moving with things are discussed.
11.Experiences with medication and the decision not to take it are shared.
12.The challenges of talking about personal experiences without hurting or offending others are discussed.
13.Experiences with group dynamics and navigating relationships are shared.
14.The challenges of feeling excluded and not belonging in groups are discussed.
15.The importance of finding one's identity and belonging is explored.
16.Coping with disappointment and managing expectations are discussed.
17.The importance of self-reflection and learning from mistakes is explored.
18.The challenges of navigating relationships and communicating effectively are discussed.
Patricia was a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, but is now exclusively providing coaching. She knows what it’s like to feel like an outcast, misfit, and truthteller. Learning about the trait of being a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP), then learning she is neurodivergent helped Patricia rewrite her history with a deeper understanding, appreciation, and a sense of self-compassion. She created the podcast Unapologetically Sensitive to help other neurodivergent folks know that they aren’t alone, and that having a brain that is wired differently comes with amazing gifts, and some challenges. Patricia works online globally working individually with people, and she teaches Online Courses for HSPs that focus on understanding what it means to be an HSP, self-care, self-compassion, boundaries, perfectionism, mindfulness, communication, and creating a lifestyle that honors you
HSP Online Course--https://unapologeticallysensitive.com/hsp-online-groups/
Online HSP Course Materials (no group included) https://patriciayounglcsw.com/product-category/hsp-classes/
Receive the top 10 most downloaded episodes of the podcast-- https://www.subscribepage.com/e6z6e6
Sign up for the Newsletter-- https://www.subscribepage.com/y0l7d4
To write a review in itunes:
Closed/Private Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive-- https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Music-- Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com