Jun 27, 2023
Unlocking Your Voice: Strategies for Assertiveness and Connection
We explore managing expectations, and the innate need for feeling seen and heard. You'll learn techniques to regulate expectations, express personal requirements, and foster authentic connections. We emphasize the importance of vulnerability, empathetic listening, and setting healthy boundaries. We also provide insights into the challenges faced by neurodivergent individuals and offer strategies to overcome them.
Jen Perry, MSEd, MA, LPC
In this episode, you will be able to:
· Learn techniques to regulate expectations and verbalize personal requirements in relationships.
· Uncover the significance of tuning in and genuinely paying attention during conversations.
· Learn to effectively traverse the landscape of complex emotions and express them positively.
· Foster a sense of equilibrium between openness and personal power during interactions.
· Embrace the courage to stand up for your needs and set healthy boundaries in various circumstances.
· Don't hesitate to ask for what you want and need in a relationship.
· Practice attunement and actively listen for others' preferences and needs.
· Create personal books for holidays and special occasions to write notes and messages to loved ones.
· Be mindful of triggers during holidays and sensitive occasions.
· Remember that you matter and are important, even if your needs aren't always met in the way you expect.
Jen Perry, MSEd, MA, LPC has been a psychotherapist for 20 years. She specializes in helping Highly Sensitive People thrive in love, work, and parenting Highly Sensitive Children. Jen is passionate about using mindfulness and compassion-based approaches to ameliorate human suffering.
Patricia is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, and Coach. She knows what it’s like to feel like an outcast, misfit, and truthteller. Learning about neurodivergence (and initially the trait of being a Highly Sensitive Person HSP), helped Patricia rewrite her history with a deeper understanding, appreciation, and a sense of self-compassion. She created the podcast Unapologetically Sensitive to help other neurodivergent folks know that they aren’t alone, and having a brain that is wired differently, means you have amazing gifts, and some challenges. Patricia works online globally working individually with people, and she teaches Online Courses for HSPs that focus on understanding what it means to be an HSP, self-care, self-compassion, boundaries, perfectionism, mindfulness, communication, and creating a lifestyle that honors us
Jen’s website: https://heartfulnessconsulting.com/
HSP Online Course--https://unapologeticallysensitive.com/hsp-online-groups/
Online HSP Course Materials (no group included) https://patriciayounglcsw.com/product-category/hsp-classes/
Receive the top 10 most downloaded episodes of the podcast-- https://www.subscribepage.com/e6z6e6
Sign up for the Newsletter-- https://www.subscribepage.com/y0l7d4
To write a review in itunes:
Closed/Private Facebook group Unapologetically Sensitive-- https://www.facebook.com/groups/2099705880047619/
Music-- Gravel Dance by Andy Robinson www.andyrobinson.com